Awards help the students to reduce their educational expenses. Therefore for helping students, the University of Queensland is offering the Calboonya Legacy Information Technology and Computer Science International Scholarship.
The educational fund is available to encourage and support outstanding new and currently enrolled students who wish to study undergraduate degree coursework in the field of Engineering.
Queensland University is Australia’s second-largest research excellence university and the country’s second-largest university overall. Associate, bachelor’s, masters, doctorate, and higher decorate degrees are available to students from all over the world.
Why study at the University of Queensland? The university provides comprehensive support services and orientation programmes to ensure that you have the best possible university experience. You’ll gain hands-on experience, information, and abilities that will help you exceed your career goals.
Application Deadline: March 7, 2022
- University or Organization: University of Queensland
- Department: Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology
- Course Level: Undergraduate degree
- Awards: $4,500
- Number of Awards: 1
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: Applications are accepted from around the world
- Eligible Course or Subjects: You will be enrolled or intending to enrol in one of the Approved Program the following programs: –
- Bachelor of Computer Science
- Bachelor of Computer Science (Honours)
- Bachelor of Information Technology
- Bachelor of Information Technology (Honours)
- Bachelor of Science (Computer Science Major)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (Computer Science Major) or any dual program including the above programs.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the given criteria:
- Can demonstrate financial need
- Submits an application to the Associate Dean, by the closing date for applications
- Is enrolled or will be enrolled full-time in an Approved Program
- Is either –
- A Commencing Student; or
- A prior recipient of the Scholarship; and
- Does not hold a scholarship that the Associate Dean considers to be similar.
How to Apply
- How to Apply: To apply, students have to take admission for an undergraduate degree. After that, they are eligible to apply for the award.
- Supporting Documents: Candidates must submit the following supporting documents:
- A cover letter addressed to Associate Professor Liza O’Moore, Associate Dean (Academic), Faculty of Engineering, Architecture and Information Technology.
- Your resume of no more than 2 x A4 pages).
- A copy of your most recent year 12 report card (if you have already enrolled for semester 1, 2022 please include a copy of your studies report which can be saved from mySI-net).
- Evidence of your personal current financial circumstances.
- Admission Requirements: For taking admission, applicants must meet all the entry requirements of the university.
- Language Requirement: All students need appropriate English language skills for admission to UQ. The level of English required depends on the program you’re applying for.
The scholarship winner will receive the tuition fees for undergraduate study. The value of the scholarship will be at least $4,500 but limited to the annual income from the fund.